There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in a pair of feet, and they can excrete as much as half a pint of moisture each day. Imagine that?
1. Change to leather. Feet do not like plastic insoles, they can’t breathe and sweat profusely, add a leather insole. I like the Taco Leather brand, it’s thin enough to add to any shoe.
2. Wash your feet daily with an antibacterial soap. Yes, it’s time to buy the soap you would not want on your entire body, like Zest or Dial. I like to use a back scrubber to reach my feet.
3. Avoid the same shoes daily, alternate and leave them sprinkled with a deodorant foot powder.
4. Create a night-time ritual and apply callus smoothing products. The ingredient to look for is Urea. Our Footlogix line is very effective.
5. Scrub your heels once per week to eliminate those ugly heel calluses. Your sheets will appreciate that! Calluses out of control? We have the new mini Pedi Peel that will guarantee baby soft feet.
6. To control smelly feet, you need to control sweat. Sweat is basically just salt and water, so it doesn’t have a distinctive smell of its own. The smell is actually caused by bacteria on our skin that eats the sweat and excretes waste that has a strong odor. Summer is the time when our feet perspire more so they smell more.
7. Apply an antiperspirant/deodorant spray on your feet.
8. Exfoliate your feet weekly with a nice exfoliating scrub ( we carry plenty of wonderful products) or make your own with sea salt, a little cooking oil and 4 drops of peppermint essential oil.
Enjoy your Summer,