Voted top 10 favorite Day Spa and Nail Salon, AvantGard Spa strives to meet the needs of each individual.
Our facilities include a Relaxation Lounge, Spa Boutique, Brow Bar and spacious rooms that are designed to provide a retreat-like spa experience. It is with much enthusiasm and gratitude that we welcome you.
APPOINTMENTS: please schedule by calling us at (650) 591-1498
SPA LOCATIONS: we have two locations in San Carlos, California. They are 150 feet away from one another and share the rear parking.
THE DAY SPA
ADDRESS: 1151 Greenwood Ave.
|Monday- Friday||10am – 8pm|
|Saturday||10am – 5pm|
|Sunday||10am – 4pm|
THE NAIL SALON
ADDRESS: 1224 El Camino Real.
|Wednesday – Friday||10.30am – 7pm|
|Saturday||9am – 5pm|
|Sunday||10am – 4pm|
We ask that you please arrive 15-minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. This time allows for check-in and unwinding in the Relaxation Lounge. As a courtesy to others, please remember that if your treatment is delayed due to late arrival, it will end as scheduled so that the next guest isn’t delayed.
Spa Hours & Reservations
Cancellations, Reschedules and Forgotten Appointments
Our highly skilled therapists, rely on a busy schedule for a gratifying career. We graciously request that you provide us with 24 hours notice to avoid a cancellation charge of 50% of the treatment fee.
Product Guarantee and Return Policy
We guarantee your satisfaction with our products up to 30 days from the date of purchase. Please let your therapist know when a product did not meet your expectations.
At the end of your visit…
We accept all major credit cards, and local personal checks. Have a spa Gift Card? Gift Cards must be presented for redemption. They are not replaceable if lost or stolen, and may not be redeemed for cash.
Gratuities are not included in any prices or gift cards, and are always appreciated. For cash, we provide gratuity envelopes at the front desk or they can be added to credit card receipts. What’s customary? 15%-20% of services.
Guests receiving one-service, will undress in the privacy of their designated treatment room. Guests receiving multiple services will be offered a spa robe, slippers and a locker. All guests are welcomed to use the Vanity Room to freshen up after any service. We provide hair amenities for your convenience.
Spa Locations and Parking
AVANTGARD SPA 1151 Greenwood Avenue, San Carlos. You may park in the rear of the building or use the 1-hour street parking on Greenwood Ave.
AVANTGARD SPA – NAIL SALON 1224 El Camino Real, San Carlos. 1-hour parking is available at the front or unlimited time at the rear of the building. Both buildings are conveniently located within walking distance from each other.
To maintain our peaceful spa environment, the facility is reserved for adults. No children under the age of 12 are allowed unless they are receiving services and accompanied by a parent or guardian. Massage services are provided to guests under the age of 18 when accompanied by a parent in the treatment room.
Give, Recognize or Reward with Spa Gift Cards
The perfect gift for any occasion. Spa Gift cards are issued for Spa Dollars to be used toward services or merchandise. Gift cards are treated like cash, they are not replaceable if lost or stolen and may not be redeemed for cash. You can order your gift cards by phone or online here.
We value your thoughts…
We encourage suggestions and take them to heart. Please send a personal and confidential e-mail to our Spa Founder/Director Blanca Caballero to blanca(at)avantspa.com
The AvantGard Spa Takes the Traditional Spa Experience to the Next Level
By Clarissa Stahl
- When the building at 1151 Greenwood Avenue in San Carlos became available for sale, AvantGard Spa owner, Blanca Caballero, knew it was time to expand to a second location and put into motion her vision of creating a new AvantGard Spa with ancient eastern influence at its core. After two years of planning and extensive remodeling, the facility was transformed into a sanctuary using three elements: fire, earth and water. Walking through curved-walled hallways and staircases, guests are able to follow the ebb and flow of softness that the building exudes. From the 6-foot waterfall in the hallway to the glass fireplace in the lounge, every turn is soothing, warm and inviting.
- Blanca Caballero was early to decide that the spa industry was the place for her. At the young age of 20, Blanca became a receptionist at a local salon and that journey inspired her to become an Esthetician and Skin Care Specialist. Even though she studied interior design, she was drawn to the spa industry and to providing guests an experience that pulls them away from their daily lives. Soon enough Blanca opened the only day spa in town in 1995.
- As the CEO of the Bay Area’s top Spa, Blanca explains how her children understand and appreciate her world, “My daughter Jessica joined the family business when she was only 16 years old, followed my footsteps and is also an Esthetician. She now dedicates her full time attention as the retail and professional supplies buyer. On the other hand, my son Eduardo works in the tech industry and what he knows about my business is that massages feel great and he loves getting them.”
- Among the many influences that helped Blanca realize her vision of the new spa, her travels to Bali were paramount. It is clear that as she reminisces she is instinctively drawn to Balinese culture, “Balinese people are very spiritual and one of the kindest and gentlest I have ever met. I was able to go directly to the artists, watch them work and pick up some pieces, which I am very proud to display.” One piece in particular is an intricate pencil drawing that was purchased from an artist in the village of Kaeliki. Instead of profiting from his work, the artist chooses to preserve Balinese art traditions and use the money he makes to teach the children of his village a new trade.
- Blanca also traveled to her native country Mexico, which she left at just five years of age, to purchase some finishing touches for several treatment rooms. Guests will be delighted to see how she has transformed ordinary sinks into marvelous eye catching works of art. The sinks, made by local Mexican artisans, are beautifully lined with copper, tile, or marble. Each art piece was hand selected, holds its own story and is tied to the community from which it was created.
- There are eleven culturally enhanced, uniquely named treatment rooms that bring guests to another country and practice. The Zen room displays an elegant 70-year old Japanese Kimono on the wall and is used exclusively for massages. Some of the other rooms include a Moroccan duet massage suite (Inspired), an Indian massage room (Mystical), and a Balinese facial room (Abundance).
- Superior customer service is the foundation of every treatment. All team members embrace the hospitality spirit and make sure guests leave looking and feeling more relaxed, restored and rejuvenated. AvantGard Spa offers the most advanced products and progressive therapies to care for skin, body and total wellness. With over 40 team members that rank among the most talented in the industry, the two San Carlos locations pledge advanced spa services like no other.
- For 25 years AvantGard Spa has been committed to offering superior spa services that beautify, relax and replenish. While its core philosophies remain the same, AvantGard takes the traditional spa experience to the next level. As Bay Area residents look for something new and spectacular in the way of spa-ing, AvantGard Spa is able to offer spa-goers a choice in the way they decide to experience, pamper, and relax.